Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Anyone for a spot of spring cleaning?

I read
John Naughton's reporting the on the big clean up in Estonia in May 2008.
Inspiring video in his blog here.
and thought
Wouldn't it be nice to do that here?
and also thought
Wouldn't it be nicer to do a similar job on politics here?
Anyone interested?

Then, I don't know why, I began looking in the mainstream interweb news services for a reference to the Estonian Spring Clean. Hmm... Uneasiness, paranoia, easily seduced by pretty videos with high social value (HSV!) Did it happen? Did it happen in the way that was suggested?

This morning I was bimbling around t'interweb when I discovered this link from the Chronicle of Higher Education about the difficulties and perils of (historical) research in the Enlightened Economist's blog. I learned at an early age, pre-interweb even, possibly 40 years ago to go back to original sources.

Must check with our man in Estonia. Possibly make a personal visit, staying in one of Buddhist Pizza's extensive network of overseas, tax efficient, properties. I'm sure the entirely independent trustees at the fees office of Buddhist Pizza Charitable Holdings (No 666999) would advance me a few doubloons for an all expenses paid research trip.

Excuse me, I'll be off now!