Saturday, November 07, 2009

Why I love Saturday afternoons.

Why I love (some) Saturday afternoons

A liddle wine.
A very small chicken.
No Aubergines, not even a small one and....

Lucy, god bless her, at WOMEX 2009

Beeb, Radio 3 -
3pm 7 Nov. 2009
The programme on iPlayer won't be around for ever.
Get it while it's good and hot!

Long Song Genghis Come Wuji
Hanggai
Well what would you do if you were an out of work Chinese punk with no prospects.

Gilzene and the Blue Light Mento Band
Arr. Gilzene: Sweet Sweet Jamaica
Arr. Gilzene: Come back Liza

I tell you Liza may or may not come back. I have no knowledge of her or her plight other than the story carried in the sweet, sweet tones of the Mento Band.
Brought water to m'eye.

Lambert: La fille de la vigneron
Yves Lambert and the Bebert Orchestra
Late of the La Bottine Souriante.
Delivers quite a kick.

I'll have to go, I've got a chicken on the hob!