Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dead Trees and Electrons

Books again and a confession.
I've read The Inky Fool with enjoyment for some time. I  heard The Etymologicon, read well by Hugh Dennis, as Aunty's Book of the Week before Xmas. I thought it would be a good thing to have to distract me from the horrors of the new year.  I decided to purchase it from Mr Amazon for the free Kindle software on my magi-phone. In mitigation, I was very busy, mainly hiding to avoid the Xmas spirit, and people, and presents and ... 
I thought it would be very discrete, very cheap and almost educational.
The transaction from clicking my clicker to the book appearing on my magi-phone was over in the twinkling of an electron. I was terrified, suffering sever palpitations I had to sit down. I called for tea! Soon I was able to revive myself with a cup of the finest fair trade char and marvel at  the book there on my magi-phone.
Interesting to learn that the sellers of the dead tree variety can't get enough of them. There would seem to be no shortage of electrons, yet.