Sunday, January 09, 2011

Unfair

Letter to the Wall Street Journal

Dear Sir,
Could I draw your attention to the blog on your website titled
You Decide: Goldman’s Facebook Pitch or Nigerian Email ‘Opportunity’

This scurrilous piece makes a very unfair comparison between Goldman Sachs and entrepreneurial activity by Nigerian citizens. It is my view that Goldman Sachs are not a financial services organisation that I or any of my immediate circle of friends and colleagues would wish to do business with. It has been subject to criticism the latest here which, of course, they deny. We await the report of the The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission this month with interest and expect it will throw light into many corporate dark places!

I would like to make the case in a free market economy for the little person and can attest that I have had nothing but kindness and consideration from my many Nigerian correspondents. Of course, I have chosen not to take advantage of the abundant investment opportunities they have offered me but damn it all that is the essence of capitalism, caveat emptor.

NOW IF YOU WILL IN STRICTEST CONFIDENCE EMAIL YOUR BANK DETAILS TO ME AT BUDDHIST PIZZA INC. I WILL BE PLEASED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME