Friday, January 28, 2011

Hit Me McTavish!

There may be those out there who feel we have had a surfeit of Scottish persons and Scottishness. New Year, the celebration of the Great Rabbi, Haggis, Salmo Salmar rubbing our noses in the fact that we are under a Coalition Yoke ( or is that a Tory Joke?). To those I offer these chaps, the Red Hot Chilli Pipers. I am listening to a session on the iPlayer, featuring them at Celtic Connections, 27/1/2011. If you can't get the iPlayer link in time, bash your ears here

Chasing Cars

3 pipers, and I love the title- chasing cars. Can't see Dave and Gideon pretending to do singalong. Normally I am happy to hear the pipes playing the Black Isle on a hillside somewhere. Sometimes you just have to let go!

Remind me again how many Westminster MPs represent Scottish constituencies or not as the case may be? Never mind the quantity feel the width!