Tuesday, December 14, 2010

An Open Letter on a Happy Occasion

Dear Hu Jintao,

I would like to congratulate you as the Chairman of the People's Republic of China, its President,
on the award of the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize to one of your foremost citizens -
Liu Xiaobo.

I would have sent this letter from myself, a private individual but felt that the occasion was sufficiently auspicious, happy indeed, that it needed to be made available as widely as possible. You must be very proud of the work of Liu Xiaobo and the inspiration he gives to the downtrodden masses in the world. I know the joy I feel in my heart at the thought of his selfless striving in the fields of literature, political thought and humanity without fear or favour. I believe the emergence of such a person in your state under the Communist Party of the Peoples Republic of China is a real tribute.

I look forward in my declining years to the award of many more Nobel Peace Prizes to citizens of your state to include in the panoply of good men and women committed to peace regardless of whether it is profitable or popular including such luminaries as;
Muhammad Yunus,
Nelson Mandela,
Rigoberta MenchĂș Tum,
Aung San Suu Kyi,
Tenzin Gyatso,
Desmond Mpilo Tutu and of course
Martin Luther King Jr.

Kindest Regards,

Buddhist Pizza.