Friday, December 07, 2007

Better

If you had told me even 2 years ago I would be inspired by a book subtitled :-

A Surgeons Notes on Performance

I might have demurred.

However, the book by Atul Gawande has given me a bit of a lift and a few things to think about in the money lending and property speculation business!

Have a look for yourselves.

Of course there are prescriptions.

Three things, (Tres cosas, siempre tres cosas!) which influence performance in medicine.

Maybe they apply elsewhere!

-Diligence

-To do ‘right’ (like that one, easy peasy!)

-Ingenuity.

Cooking the tea, ok dinner to you folk, tonight I was inspired by brother Bach’s sonatas and partitas. I suggested to goodladywife (GLW) that although the man himself might be regarded as a bit of a dry old stick, cerebral, mathematical, repetitive and so on, he could touch you in the humanity department! It is something I have come to gradually over the years. Glad I did too.