Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Should we only Fear Country Music 2?

I rang the free phone number of the car company who produced the ad with the viral tune.
A very pleasant and helpful young woman answered almost right away and suggested that I should ring the marketing department on their (payphone) number.
I did this. Another very helpful young woman swiftly gave me the number (again payphone) of the customer care line as, she suggested, that would be the answer to all my problems.
I rang this number and obtained a very clear response from a phone menu system which gave me a bewildering number of options. I decided that my care needs might most appropriately be satisfied by general enquiries. I selected this and, yes you have guessed right, I was greeted by a voice telling me my enquiry was valued but they were awfully busy at the moment and would I mind waiting while they got round to me. In the meantime they played me some nice music, not, thankfully, the tune which has been infesting my brain.

I decided another tack should be taken. Why not try t'internet. I googled away and within a few seconds had pages on message boards assuring me that the offending melody was by a certain Mr Mendelssohn, A Song Without Words. Of course I will need to check this for myself but I can feel the clouds lifting at the prospect of eventual peace.

Nice one Felix, old son. I might even borrow the disk from the Library.

Now, what was that tune on the customer care line?!