Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sue Grafton

I'm not too sure when we ran across the Kinsey Millhone PI novels, or indeed, who we have to thank for pointing them out to us. However, they have been a pleasure and we have read most of Sue Grafton's output about the hard boiled female detective. The series is titled from -  A is for Alibi  to - X and I would recommend them to any addicts of  crime fiction especially the US West Coast before the mobile phone... I was looking for the last volume of her output, rumoured to be titled Z is for Zero for an Xmas present when I saw the paperback for the Y novel branded as the last ever  Kinsey Millhonecase. Sue died last year and of course I missed it like I miss so much. I was pretty sure that I had met her, (at Murder One ?) and thumbing through the shelves found this.


I'm so glad that authors continue to tell us stories and signposters like Elaine, as I think it was, gently point us in the direction of good story tellers!