Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Reading again


Mothering Law’s Sayings - 99 in a series
“All this reading will turn your brain into Train Oil.”
How this comes about or what the underlying biochemical process is I have no idea.

Nor have I the foggiest what is the chemical composition of Train Oil. Perhaps we could direct the research Labs of BP enterprises to investigate. They may know one or two chaps at Alpha Labs, they are deep in the territory of protein folding. Now where was I, steep tin territory...Oh yes, Australia!
I noted that on the On the Java Ridge, by Jock Serong  won a prize for a thriller “in which no woman is beaten, stalked, sexually exploited, raped or murdered”. Trying my local library for this volume I came across an electronic copy of The rules of Backyard Cricket,  an earlier book by the same author. Intriguing book very twisty plot  and had me reading it at 9.45 to the bitter end  in my pjs (Well past your bedtime I surmise...Ed?) a.m. before my porridge as it happens.
Maybe a gift for the (Sports) man in your life?  (other volumes and gifts are available ...Ed!)