Thursday, April 07, 2011

Library Card or Credit Card?

Not a rant in my usual style about how evil capitalists are out to destroy public libraries, eat babies and be cruel to children and other small animals; they are but that is a story told well enough elsewhere.

Instead a real spirit lifter. Karen claims in a post on the Voices For the Library website.
My library card is probably as valuable as a credit card.
If you don't believe her have a look. Now I bet you didn't know librarians did that sort of thing or provided those sorts of services.

'Right on the bubble' (as Primo Levi said: P48, The Wrench, borrowed from Suffolk County Libraries, god bless 'em)

Voices For the Library looks like a very well organised and presented campaign.
If I was Gauleiter Pickles I would be afraid, very afraid. Once the librarians are agin you,
yer doomt, doomt I telt yer.
He will become a minor misspelt footnote in the political history of the early part of this century.