Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year

A good new year to all our readers!
You know who you are and we know where you live.
Paz y amistad.

So what will the new year bring?
In part, what we want it to and what we are able to work to bring about.

You don't have to switch books on but putting up book shelves is a real bummer.

I know I haven't done my sums but it seems to me that the tree is a really smart, sustainable, carbon sequestration device. More bigger trees now! Preferably giant redwoods, they tend to be around for a while.

The defining sound for me, a non twitcher, for the year was presented in the Late Junction programme last night 30/12/09. It was the sound of:-
the Skylark, Oystercatcher and Dunlin, recorded June 2004 at Yell, Shetland Islands, by Alan Burbidge.

You may disagree. Indeed, you are entitled to, that being the nature of our society.
However, it is a great sound and the whole programme was such a joy. There is not much of that around these days.