Wednesday, August 06, 2008

One Day in the Death of A S Esq.

There are times when I remember little of my life.
I do remember reading a book by a person lately deceased.
A description of the time when the chaps in the Gulag were told that their tormentor was dead.
A response was demanded by the camp authorities.
Caps went up in the air!

It was also the day a great musician died.
Someone who led me into the joy of music as a young lad.

So the Butcher of Grozney had the temerity to attend the memorial service!


As John Naughton points out, in the reference above, a bit like Kissinger accepting the Nobel Prize for Peace!

I think the Grauniad may have it wrong; heavens to Betsy! There is mention in the article of Putin attending the funeral but no confirmation elsewhere. Perhaps he was using his skills as a former KGB spook. Come to think of it, that guy on the left with the big hat and the beard has something about him!