Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Walnut trees

One of the reasons for not posting recently has been my incidental attendance at a planning appeal in connection with a property in our village.

Two whole days were spent in buttock numbing exposure to the secretos pequenos de mi pueblo.

So if the Red Tops get hold of it here it is:- Incest, animal husbandry, crime, the history of crime, the Krays, arson(failed) and arsing about, aggregate rendering, tax exiles, companies in the Isle of Man.... I could go on but I lost the will to do so several hours ago.

It's not a joke. The people who have suffered long and hard have done so with dignity.
The shower of neerdobadlys have made their lives a hell. I was spotted as a fresh face to harass.
"Who is that fat bearded bastard. Is he a new councillor?"
How dare they assume I'm a representative of local democracy!

"Is he with them?"
I'm not proud I'll sit with anyone!

And menacingly,
"I never forget a face!"

The councillors and long suffering villagers were solicitous.
Would I like to walk out of the building with them?
Would I like a lift to the car with them?
All really appreciated, but having lived in the East End of London for a while it seems a bit excessive. There was one individual I would not like to meet on a dark night. But being a good boy and not going out on dark nights I don't think I would have to worry too much.

One of the good things about being a dead man walking is that you can offer the open hand!
After that anyone can take their chance.

Why walnut trees?
Just you wait you have treat in-store!