Saturday, January 06, 2018

Adults in the Room?

I have just read Adults in the Room by Yanis Varoufakis. Herself could not believe me when I explained what I was reading. In fact I have had my nose in it for a few days now and been regularly emitting chortles, guffaws , gasps and I don't believe its (but of course I do). A certain lack of attention to domestic detail and response to questions such as  - Do you want a cup of tea now dear or would you like it poured over your ugly bonce while it is boiling hot? elicited distracted and vague responses 
I particularly liked the Swedish National Anthem defence though I much prefer the Icelandic national anthem it is recognised by fewer. The Penelope Postponement. The eurorunaround:- from officials of the institutions declaring this is a political matter and must be decided by a direction from the politicians who then claimed on enquiry that it was clearly a matter for the institutions. Does that ring a Brexit tocsin mon brave? Nobody comes out of this well except perhaps Mrs Yanis, who defended hubby by shielding him physically with her body from a marauding band of anarchists with broken bottles. Boy, those Greek women are tough.  Walter Schauble appears as a cross (very cross) between Dr Strangelove and a pantomime witch! Caramac Christine achieves an Olympic gold in synchronised monetary dithering  and various euro*uc*s as practitioners of fiscal waterboarding that would give the CIA nightmares. You can come to believe anything and the mantra that Greek debt is sustainable is as unbelieveable now as it was in 2015.
Other views of this tome are available There is clearly a 'Hiss and Tell' accusation that can be made but it provides a view of people, processes and abuse that beggars belief (and Greece in passing). The alleged paralysing depression of Alexis, remind you of anyone Godron! The cheek of the American Organs ringing up after eavesdropping on a critical private conversation to seek clarification, dooh!