Thursday, December 29, 2011

Perception

If I hadn't not seen it I would not have believed it.
Prof Bruce Hood is giving the Royal Institution Xmas Lectures. Great fun. Even in a set of programmes about the brain there are lots of bangs and excitement.  The throw away lines are good too. Can I have my brain back please?
We have sat enthralled on the sofa like the kids we are and tried our best to participate. Last night we were asked to count the number of times 2 orange clubs passed between the members of a juggling team of 4 who were using 8 clubs in total. We concentrated; we counted. When we were asked at the end how many times the for orange clubs passed across the lecture floor some of us  punched the air with glee and shouted the correct number of 24. (I recognise my inner 7 year old pendejo)
Asked if we had seen anything else, we shrugged, we got a particularly bad feeling. Prof Hood had taken his coat off, didn't see that one; some props on the lecture floor had been moved, nope.
Had we seen the man in the gorilla suit walk across the back of the lecture floor?

The video replay clearly shows a Mr Yeti not only walking slowly across the floor but stopping to look at us. You know I swear the bugger winked!