Thursday, July 21, 2011

Appropriate Conversations

In the excitement yesterday of a statement of regret, protests of innocence and claims of giving a young offender a second chance to prove himself the question of the prime minister's meeting with the representatives of certain News Organs was raised in parliament. Along with the flannel, obfuscation and general verbiage I noticed the phrase appropriate conversations in the subsequent exchanges.

In the dark recesses of my poor brain there is the memory of the phrase criminal conversations. I believe it was used as shorthand for the sort of activity that married couples might engage in, particularly when they were not married to each other if you will pardon the indelicacy.

As a matter of public benefit I think the nation should rise up as one person and provide Mr Cameron with a clear idea of what an appropriate conversation is.

Good morning Mr M!

G'day Rubber Man.

Have you had your breakfast?

(
After a long pause) Can't say I have.

Well, let's not keep you from it. I believe they do wonderful drop scones in Alice Springs this time of year!