Wednesday, December 20, 2006

One Mouse Per Child

There are some really interesting developments at the moment in the area of microfinance, IT software and equipment.
The Cambridge Ndiyo project ndiyo.org has been working with partners in Bangladesh and I imagine a whole raft of applications will come out of that.One that seems to be working is the putative 'Grameem Internet' built on the back of the GrameenPhone.
Having heard, ad nauseam, about one laptop per child, I much prefer the more realistic and co-operative idea of
Anyway! I found the story below interesting and a small glow for me at the end of the year if mince pies and mulled wine are not enough; they may not be.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/11/prweb477752.htm

My thanks to John Naughton and the Ndiyo blog for setting me off on this one!